A Good Yarn

Friday, December 15, 2006

We Have the Technology...

sort of. We're not going to make this blog better, stronger, faster, but the old pictures are at least up. (I hope you're all as old as I am and get that reference). Unfortunately, even though my domain is moved to a new server and is up again, I couldn't post new photos to it this morning, so I signed up for Flickr and we'll see how that works, at least temporarily.

I've just been working almost non-stop since my last post. I haven't had a lot of time to knit, but I did finish that present I mentioned was partially done last time I posted.



It's a Tooth Fairy Pillow for Ben or Red. I'm making two of them, so I'm done, but REALLY only halfway done. That mouth is a little pocket. You put the tooth in the pocket and then the tooth fairy leaves you some money. The pattern is from "New Knits on the Block" by Vickie Howell.

I also finished another mitered square:



And I felted the striped bell hat I showed you a few weeks ago:



I think it turned out really well. The pattern is the Striped Bell hat, a Pick Up Sticks! leaflet.

I mentioned another hat that I made, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I brought it into my office. I'll photograph it before I put together all the stuff I'm mailing to Pine Ridge. Since I've been working so much, I haven't had time to organize and inventory all of the stuff I collected. As soon as I do, I'll post a photo here.

I can't believe how fast time is racing. I was thinking about leaving for So Dak next Friday, but I don't know if I'll be ready to go by then. I did spend last Sunday making my holiday cards, but I haven't mailed any of them out yet. I have done some shopping, but I still have some left and I've only wrapped three presents, so I have a lot of wrapping left to do. I haven't done any baking, so I guess that's going to get punted this year. Then there's that other pillow to knit and I'm making something for Katie too, since I made something for the boys. I wish I could just take the next week off of work, but it's another busy one.