A Good Yarn

Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th

I'm not really superstitious, but I always feel a little uneasy on Friday the 13th. Nothing too terrible has ever happened to me though.

Yesterday I came across a new bead store, Bead All About It. They have a nice selection of beads. Since I don't really need any more beads, I managed to pick up just a few things. I've been looking for really small jump rings so that I could make rings with drop seed beads, and they had some. So, that's what I worked on last night:



They turned out pretty well. I really wanted to put a few more rings on the middle section, but I just couldn't get the jump rings closed well enough. It was really difficult to work with these little jump rings after you have a couple of rings on the base.

I also got a couple of accent beads. They had yarn there too, but I managed to pass. All yarned up for now! Here's a few more purchases from MDSW:



This is 50% silk/50% wool from Spirit Trail Fiberworks. By the time we got to the Spirit Trail booth, they were really, really picked over. I love this girly pink, though, so I may make a baby sweater out of this. Based on our experience with Spirit Trail, I would imagine it was pretty frustrating to go to the Festival on Sunday only.



This is a Superwash Merino Sock Yarn from Blue Ridge Yarns. It's very similar to Koigu or Cherry Tree Hill. Loved the purple and green, though.



Speaking of Cherry Tree Hill, that's what this is - Supersock in the Tropical Storm colorway. This is the only yarn I could have easily gotten here at home, but for the last couple of months, I've been wanting to buy some CTH but I've resisted because they were going to be at MDSW. Despite the many other yarns I bought, I really wanted to scratch that CTH itch!