A Good Yarn

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Are you sure it isn't Saturday?

We were able to settle almost everything yesterday, so the trial did not proceed. There were a few issues that we submitted to the Judge, so everything was done by noon! Yeah!! The trial was scheduled for 4 days, so it feels like Saturday, now. I only got 4 hours of sleep on Tuesday night, so I was dead tired, but when I tried to take a nap, I could only manage a few minutes before thoughts kept intruding.

I still managed to stay up until my usual bedtime last night, so I worked a bit on my pink cabled sweater. It's the cover sweater from Knitters, Spring 1999:



Kind of hard to see with that big "Sold Out" splashed across it. As you can see, this was a very popular issue, probably because it was the "Multi-sizing Sweaters" issue. It also had some of the squares for the GNAA and I knit a square based on one of these for the cable and lace afghan project:



It also has the knitter's angels.

I already made one of the sweaters from this issue - "Opulent Options", which is made in Berroco Glace, one of my favorite yarns.

There are some other classic patterns that I know a lot of people have knitted in this issue too - Striped Illusion, Ridged Raglans, the trio of A-Line vests, and More Than a Sweatshirt.

I bought the yarn for the Florentine Flattery back in 99 when the issue first came out and it's been aging in my stash for 5 years, so I'm happy to finally get it going. As I think I've said before, I don't think I'll be able to finish before it starts to get cold again, but c'est le vie. I've finished the back and I'm halfway up one of the fronts:



And just because he was looking so darn cute, here's Finbar watching me take a picture of Florentine Flattery: