A Good Yarn

Saturday, May 14, 2005

We're Gonna Win, Twins!

Or maybe not. I went to the Twins v. Rangers game last night. We had lots of fun even though the Twins lost in the 11th inning. We had seats in the upper deck, but they were right behind home plate, which I really liked.

Today I had book club, where we discussed "The Kite Runner". I think it's the first book we've read that everyone really liked. I loved it. It started a little slow for me, but I really ended up loving it. I highly recommend it. On the flight home from Maryland, I started reading this book:



I LOVE it. It is so funny and touching and interesting. The narrator is a young boy with Autism, and the voice is so genuine and believable. I highly, highly recommend this one, even though I'm only 1/2 way through the book.

More from MDSW:



This is Primero from Brooks Farm Yarn. If you've read other bloggers' accounts of MDSW you've probably already heard how wonderful their yarns were. This is 100% mohair. The color is darker than I'm showing here. I guess it's over-exposed since it's so cloudy out today. I got enough for a sweater - I'm thinking something very simple to really show off the yarn.



This may look familiar to many of you - it's Koigu. Yes, I can get Koigu at many of the stores near me. However, it's pretty hard to find the solid colors around here, so I picked up these three skeins at The Mannings. One of the sock patterns I got calls for one skein of solid colored yarn and one skein of handpaint, so I thought I'd try one of these with one my new yarns.