A Good Yarn

Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy Birthday Deb!

Chappy's Mum has asked for a very simple birthday present - show her the November page on your calendar. I love calendars, so I've got a bunch of them around the house. She mentioned that the November page is often sort of blah looking, and I guess she's right about this knitting calendar that is right by my back door:



It's a pretty blanket, but gray and brown is rather depressing. I like having a calendar by the back door so I have something pretty to look at while I'm waiting for Fiona to finish "her business" in the back yard.

I got a free calendar from the Humane Society so I put it on the side of the fridge. I use it to see whether it's an even or odd date, because Fiona gets one of her meds only every other day (even dates). This is sort of gray and blah, too, except the kitty is pretty cute and the red berries are very festive:



In the dining room is a calendar I bought in Las Vegas. It's a 2 year calendar and I must admit I liked it more when I got it and I'm glad it's almost done. I use the dining room calendar to record the movies I see in the theaters, so at the end of the year I can look through the list and come up with my Top Ten Favorites for the year. Nothing in Vegas is blah:



In the living room I have another knitting calendar. I don't use this as a calendar at all, just as decoration. November's picture is a vintage magazine cover warning about the dangers of knitting and driving. It's cute, but I must admit I like the yarny pictures better:



I have some daily calendars by my computer and in my bedroom too. I also thought I'd share my calendar in the office:



I have another calendar in the office of Star Wars Movie Posters, but it fell off the wall and is stuck somewhere between the wall and filing cabinet, so I guess it's going to stay there until I move out of the ofice.

Happy Birthday Deb!!!