A Good Yarn

Thursday, March 29, 2007

NOW I'm going to stay home

When I posted on Saturday, I mentioned that my sister could go into labor any day. Turned out, that was the day. Her water broke Saturday night and she had the baby on Sunday morning, so after I did a little work on Monday, I headed down to So Dak to see them. Introducing Jason Alan:



He's so little and tiny! It's been a while since I've been around a new born - I just forgot how tiny those fingers and toes are. He was 6 pounds, 5 ounces, 19.5" long. He seems to be a very good little baby. Pretty much every time I was over there, he was sleeping. I did get to see the first bath, which he did pretty well with. I got to feed him once too, but he didn't wake up too much for that. My sister claims he was up from 4:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., but I think she's just trying to make me feel sorry for her :-)

I gave them the little football hat I knit for him, which they loved. Although he could wear it as an outfit right now, he's so tiny. It won't be long until his head is that big, though. I didn't finish up either of the other two projects I'm knitting for him, so I guess those will be presents later. Maybe I can finish the sweater by Easter and make it an Easter present. It's WAY too big for him right now anyway.

Here's how he looked when I left: