A Good Yarn

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

And it begins

I've taken a step back from the Tofutsies sweater and I think I'm almost ready to rip it out and start over again. I think I'll just make a very plain cardigan using the Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns. But, I'm going to set it aside for right now and make my sister a baby blanket first - then I'll go back to the sweater. By then my emotional attachment to the old sweater should have waned enough that I can rip, rip, rip.

I love Sweet Socks from the Sweet Sheep, so I joined the Project Spectrum sock club. I got the first skein yesterday and just love it:



Love that blue! The club is all semi-solids, which will be a nice addition to my sock yarn collection. I have a lot more multi-color yarns already.

I started seaming together the mitered square blanket. Here's the layout I came up with:



I already screwed it up, though. I accidentally rotated the middle square on the left edge. I think it should still be ok, though. I'm going to reference this layout picture when I'm doing the sewing from now on. If you see a square that really looks like it should be moved, let me know.