A Good Yarn

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

FO!

Turning now to knitting news, I finished the BFF Socks:



Project Name: BFF Socks
Designer: Cookie
Pattern Source: Cookie's blog
Yarn: Fleece Artist Sock
Yarn Source: Katy - via Yarn Aboard!
Date Started: 1/16/07
Date Completed: 2/18/07

Comments: I really love this yarn and this pattern. I made the legs a little bit shorter, as is my custom. The Fleece Artist yarn was new to me, and I'd definitely like to get some more of it. It's lovely to look at and to feel. It also has held up fairly well - I was having major ball winder issues, so I ended up re-winding this skein of yarn probably about 4 or 5 times and 2 or 3 of those times, I had a big knotted mess on my hands. The yarn held up to all of that manipulation very well. Thanks, Katy, for introducing me to a great new yarn! Here's the obligatory sole-to-sole shot:



I've also been working on a baby blanket for my sister, in a Project Spectrum/Knit Blue color:



Finally, I'm about 2/3 of the way done with the sewing on the mitered square blanket. I'm definitely going to have to steam those seams when I'm done to get them to lay flat.