A Good Yarn

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Snow Day!



Yep, we have another storm of the century going on around here. The snow fell a little bit last night and then started up again this morning and it snowed pretty much all day. You can kind of see here that the snow is deeper than Fiona is tall:



I was supposed to drive to Wisconsin today for a meeting, but yesterday I arranged to just participate by phone. So, I loaded up some files and declared today a snow day. Since I'm self-employed, when I don't work I don't get paid, I'll take a hit to the pocketbook (I'm taking the next week off for vacation too, so this month is going to be short), but it was kind of fun to have most of the day off. I didn't get as much cleaning of the house to get ready for mom to stay with me as I wanted to, but I did finish this:



All sewn together. Now I just have to knit the border. I started the first side - that's a lot of stitches to pick up!