A Good Yarn

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!



I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving Day. I am staying in town this year. One of my friends is getting married tomorrow at the zoo, so I really wanted to attend the ceremony. Plus there's a Vikings game on Sunday. I offered to let my niece stay with me so that my brother and nephew could go to Sioux Falls. She had to work last night and tomorrow, so she had to stick around town. So, she and I will probably take in a movie (a Thanksgiving tradition for me) and then a very kind friend invited us over to her house tonight. Which reminds me, I forgot to pick up a bottle of wine to bring with. DAMN!

I've been trying to clean up the house since it was so out of control, so I haven't gotten all that much knitting done. I did finish the second sleeve for Florentine Flattery. I had to rip out down to where the armhole decreases begin - so there's quite a bit of the back still left. I can't bear the thought of re-knitting it all, so i just joined the new yarn and knit one row. There will be a clear line between the old yarn and the new, but at this point I don't care. I'm hoping I'll forget all about it since I won't be able to see it while wearing it. yeah, right.