A Good Yarn

Sunday, November 21, 2004

11/21/04

Busy weekends go way too fast! Yesterday was our monthly AK Get together. We met at a Perkins since the bookstores seem to be pretty busy on Saturdays during the fall/winter. I think that worked out well. I've decided to work on the Great American Aran Afghan some more, so I cast on and started another square. I have 16 squares done and 8 squares left. Then of course I have to piece it all together and put on the edging. The piecing will be difficult because they are not all the same size. They're supposed to be the same size, but mine aren't.

In the evening, I went to my favorite pizza place, Punch, for dinner and then we saw this:



Good movie. Johnny Depp, as usual, was outstanding. It's amazing to think that he can play someone totally outrageous like the pirate in Pirates of the Caribbean and then a quiet, somewhat dreamy and outrageous in a different way man like J.M. Barrie and be totally believable in both. And of course, he's amazingly attractive. The little boy who played Peter was also really, really good. I'm usually not that excited about children being nominated for Academy Awards, but I wouldn't mind if he was nominated as best supporting actor.