A Good Yarn

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Short Week

Yeah, this is a short week! I love short work weeks. Unfortunately, it means I need to be fairly productive on the other 3 days, so this will be a short post. I've got a hearing that promises to be highly contentious, so I gotta get going. But, I wanted to post a photo of my newest WIP.



It's the Henry Rollins doll from SNB Nation. Besides my great need to show off my pattern to all my friends, I had to buy this copy so I could start these dolls. I intend to give them to my brother for Christmas and also make a Billie Joe Armstrong doll for my niece. I realize Henry has no head - I'm not done yet. It's very futzy knitting with lots of little pieces you need to sew together, but I think it'll be worth it. Henry is resting on a square from the Great American Aran Afghan.

I received the yarn for the Scarf Exchange on the RAOK list. It's two skeins - one is a nice soft wool and the other is a mohair. I went through Scarf Style last night to see if one of those scarves might work and I'm thinking I'll do the Debbie Bliss one with chevron stripes.