A Good Yarn

Friday, November 26, 2004

No shopping for me

Probably the only day in the year when I fight my shopping sickness is today. I hate crowds. Despite my own struggle with materialism, I hate the idea of this day and the materialism of Christmas that it represents. So, I make a decision to stay away from all retail establishments. Well, not all retail establishments - I had to pick up my mocha at Caribou this morning. And I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some baking supplies. This weekend starts the great month of baking.

Thanksgiving was a good day all around. As I mentioned, my niece, Jessica, was staying with me. She slept in late, so I was able to read my email and some blogs and get a little cleaning done. I always clean in the same manner - I make a circle around my house. I start in the kitchen, then do the dining room, then the living room, then the bathroom and then my bedroom last. So, my kitchen stays relatively clean and my bedroom not so much. Of course, I spend very little time in the bedroom, so it probably doesn't need cleaning as frequently. It had been a while since I cleaned the bathroom, though and I'm unbelievably happy with how great it looks. it's kind of embarrassing, but at least it brings me great joy.

I watched a bit of football and did a little knitting on the GAAA square, and then Jess and I went to see this flick:



It was ok. A light, entertaining movie with some good laughs. Probably a good choice for Thanksgiving afternoon. In the evening, we went over to a friend's house for turkey and stuffing, etc. I ate WAY too much. It was so yummy though! I'm so glad that I was able to go over there and enjoy a nice evening, though.