A Good Yarn

Monday, January 24, 2005

I Love Mondays!

But only when I have an FO to show!! I finished up Sexie yesterday while watching the Eagles - Falcons game. Here's the front:



and here's the back:



I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It looks tiny, but Jessica is a size 3/5 so she's pretty tiny too. I want to wash it because Fiona spilled a glass of coke, which splashed on the yarn, so it has little brown spots all around it. Plus, I'd really like to try blocking the top part with the black - it has a tendency to curl in. I blocked the bottom ribbing which was flipping up and it worked like a charm, so I'm hoping the same will be true of the top.

Fun time watching football yesterday. I was very happy about the Eagles winning but really wanted the Steelers to win. My brother and I went to Outback Steakhouse to watch the Steelers - Pats game. We were sitting in the bar and had a great seat, but after we finished eating, our server practically shoved us out the door. Bad idea, Mr. Waiter. If you have a couple of Irish folk sitting in the bar, you probably want to keep them around as much as possible, particularly in Minnesota where the next customers are likely to be a couple of very moderate Norwegians. We moved over to the bar on the other side of the highway at half time and had fun watching the game and chatting.

This is a pretty slow week, work-wise, but I do have a few lunches scheduled with friends. I also have to clean out the old car and turn it over to the new owner. There's so much crap in there, I'm not looking forward to it. Look for another FO picture for Joan Jett later this week!