A Good Yarn

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas



Christmas Greetings from cold but beautiful St. Paul, MN. I almost named this posting Bah-Humbug, but I'm going with the holiday spirit.

This week it has been very difficult to get anything done. I just feel like being on vacation. I'm guessing next week will be the same. I did manage to stay at the office until past 5:00 on Thursday (though I did take long lunch break). Then I met some friends at Williams Arena to see the Gopher Women's Basketball team play Drake University. I'd never been to a game before - it was really fun! I'm used to Target Center, of course, so it's so small and cute and every seat is a great seat. The games go superfast too.

Christmas Eve was spent with my brother. We had lunch at Nami, our favorite sushi place. After an absolutley delicious lunch, we went over to Metrodome and once again had our dreams crushed by the boys in purple (see the Bah Humbug comment above). After the defense scored a TD I actually started to believe they might actually win. Silly Renee! I spent a nice quiet evening at home, wrapping presents and watching "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days". Very predictable romantic comedy. Glad I didn't spend any cash to see it!

In honor of Christmas, I present my Top Ten 10 Christmas songs.

I LOVE Christmas Music. I love listening to it, I love singing it. Every year I buy a new Christmas CD to add to my collection (Chris Isaak this year). So, this is my list of favorite songs to hear, not my favorite songs to sing. They're not really in any particular order, because that was too hard to figure out.

1. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole

2. White Christmas - Bing Crosby

3. Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley

4. Fairy Tale of New York - The Pogues featuring Kirsty McColl

5.Santa Clause is Coming to Town - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

6. Winter Wonderland - Johnny Mathis

7. It Must've Been Ol' Santa Clause - Harry Connick, Jr.

8. Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid

9. Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby and David Bowie

10. Let it Snow - Dean Martin