A Good Yarn

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Back to the Grind Stone

It wasn't exactly a vacation, but it has been a while since I've been back in the day to day routine, but it's time to return now. I'm still congested and my appetite hasn't completely returned, but I do feel a lot better.

Fantasy football is over for the season. It was a relatively good season, overall. In one league, I didn't even make the playoffs. In two leagues I won the consolation bracket. In one league I won the Super Bowl and in another league I lost the Super Bowl, meaning I came in 2nd overall. Not too bad. The league where I was Commish is one of the leagues I won the Consolation Bracket. My brother made it to the Super Bowl and would have won, but he clicked the wrong button in making a substitution of players. It would have been so awesome to hand over my championship to my brother and to have both of us as the two bracket winners. Oh well. I don't think I'll return as Commish next year. I'm not even sure I'll play in that league next year.

In the real football world, the Vikings back into the playoffs. Oh, goody. I don't give the boys much chance of winning. I'm fully behind the Colts now! Let's go Peyton!!!

I worked on Sexie last night. Here's the progress thus far:



This is the top knit with Berroco Glace from Stitch N Bitch Nation. It's for my niece - she picked it out herself. I had this pink Glace left from a twin set I made my sister, Kerry. It's knit all in one piece, so it's progressing nicely. As you can probably see, the bottom ribbing is flipping up, so I pinned it down. I also got it wet and hopefully that'll tame the flipping.

As usual, Finbar was overseeing the photographing process: