A Good Yarn

Friday, January 14, 2005

We Love it Here!

You can't read a blog originating from Minnesota and not hear about how cold it is. If we have to suffer through it, at least we can brag about how sturdy we are. It is currently -2 with a wind chill of -15. It's supposed to get to -14 tonight, I'm not sure what the wind chill will be. Luckily for me, I got this for Christmas this year. Yesterday I was wearing my thrummed mittens - they're very nice and warm!!

I had grand plans to knit a half dozen hats for the school kids in St. Paul that my friend Kerry is collecting. With my lack of knitting production down due to my sickness, I only managed to knit one:



To make up for it, I went to Target last night and picked up a bunch of hats and gloves on clearance.

I went to The Yarnery this afternoon to pick up a couple of skeins of Cotton Classic so that I can finish up the Joan Jett doll. I was very good and didn't buy any other yarn, though I did look around.

When I got back to the office I was happy to see this:



It's the SSRP Alpha Box!! Yeah! It was coming to me from Roswell, GA, which is where Panasonic has a repair center, so I thought it was some sort of telephone equipment. When I finally opened the box and saw all the yarn, I was pretty excited! Here's another look at some of the bounty:



Here's what I picked out for myself. Some pink cotton:


A nice pink and blue cotton:


My favorite cotton, Cotton Classic, in some different colors:


Fiber Trends felted purse pattern and some yarn to make a purse:


Some Alchemy Bamboo and a couple of skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport:


Finally, some Berroco Glace with a leaflet:


Some pretty good stuff, huh? I had originally contributed 5 skeins of K1C2 Doceur et Soie. Now I have to put together some other stuff to contribute. I've already put in 3 skeins of Rowan Denim. I'll go through the stash this weekend and get the box out next week. I'm thinking I'd like to put in some larger lots because it's hard to figure out to do with the small lots. We'll see what I've got to give, though.

I'm finally going to SoDak to visit the family this weekend for Christmas. I've been so sick I haven't been able to travel. Plus, I was having trouble with my transmission, so now I bought a friend's car from her and have new to me wheels!