A Good Yarn

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Thanks, Miss Finch!

Laura was nice enough to send me a couple of her beaded stitch markers as a Valentine's Day present (check out the cool heart made of stitch markers on her Valentine's Day post).



Super cute, eh? They're very sparkly and pretty. I love beaded stitch markers - as I move them from one needle to the next, it always makes me happy! The markers are sitting on top of the envelope that Laura sent them in. She made it and the card out of a topographical map. Bill was in my office when the mail came and he couldn't have cared less about the markers, but he was fascinated with the envelope. So much so, that he deconstructed it to see how he could make one. Science geeks! Laura also sent some Dove dark chocolate hearts, but they didn't last long enough to be photographed - I love me some dark chocolate!!!

Finished Object

I finished the ear flap hat for my sister, Laura. I thought it would be a better photo if I could find a head to put it on. I hadn't showered yet, so my head was out of the question. There are only two other heads around this place:



Too funny! He was very quick at getting the hat off again, so it was hard to get a picture. I didn't try with Fiona. Not a good view, so I tried the swift instead:



I really like it. I don't know if Laura will like an earflap hat and it's starting to get warm already, but I'm gonna pop it in the mail today. It's cold in the morning still (22 right now) so maybe she'll wear it to work in the morning.