A Good Yarn

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

My Secret Pal is awesome!!

I received another box from my Secret Pal! It has a "Spring is Coming" theme, which is perfect since we got a big snowfall on Sat/Sun this week. Everything is covered in snow again, so it's looking very wintery.

She sent another 11 skeins of the Purple Piuma that she sent in the last package. WOW!!! This is a really good batch of this yarn, so I've gotta figure out something good to knit with it. Also included:



Look at that cool card. I love it! I hung it up in my office and it makes me smile every time I look at it. I also got another really cute candle - this one looks like a flower in a clay pot. The pen is a very pretty purple satin rose. The top circular thing is a pill box with a really pretty purple lotus on top. Under that is a gorgeous broach - I'll be wearing that quite a bit! She also included a telephone calling card, which I already used to make a couple of calls.



A couple of little cuties. I love hedgehog faces!! If I wasn't afraid that my dogs would it one, I would definitely get a hedgehog. When I was a docent at the zoo, I loved working with the hedgehogs.



Ok, bad picture. I actually took that picture in a pitch black room because there are little fiber optic lights all over it and it's so cute. Unfortunately, my camera threw off a lot of flash so you can't see the lights. It's really cute though and I love stuff with fiber optic lights!



Lovely window hanging. So many great treats - thanks Secret Pal, you rock!!

TV Meme

I was the Secret Pal for Jenn in the last go around and had a ball picking out stuff for her - she and I have a similar sense of fun and a fondness for toys. She tagged me on the TV Meme that's going around, so it's my pleasure to share my tv watching habits with you:

1. How much space is left on your TIVO? I don't have a TIVO, but I tape things like a madman and have tons of tapes stacked around the house. My brother constantly teases me about the fact that I'm watching shows that aired months ago because I have so many things to catch up on.

2. Have you ever bought a DVD of a tv series and if so which one? I love watching tv and most of my knitting is done while watching tv, so I've bought quite a few DVDs of tv shows: Arrested Development, Kids in the Hall, The Office, Bullshit, Homicide: Life on the Streets, Mr. Bean, 24 and Band of Brothers if you count that. I also am currently watching The Dead Zone, which I borrowed from my friend, Matt. I also have Coupling and Sex and the City on loan from Netflix and have a lot of TV shows on my waiting list. I am seriously considering buying Boomtown and Deadwood. When Rescue Me comes out on DVD, I'll buy that too. I want to buy Oz, but I don't want to pay full price, so it's on my wishlist at Half.com

3. What was the last tv show you watched before reading this message? Judging Amy. I like that show a lot because it reminds me a lot of my own work, but everything always works out in the end on Judging Amy. And in my mind, I like to pretend I look like Amy Brenneman.

4. List five shows you won't miss: As mentioned above, I tape everything that I like that I can't watch live, so there's a lot of shows I don't miss. I also have both an east coast and west coast feed of the networks on my dish, so I can watch shows that air at the same time later on the west coast feed. So, I'll list my five favorite shows currently on tv:

Arrested Development
Alias
Nip/Tuck
The Sopranos
The Wire

5. Who are the other three people you are going to tag?

I'll keep the theme going and tag MY Secret Pal the last time around, Kim.
I'll tag the other Renee because our first contact was about CSI:Miami.
Finally, I'll tag Jen because I'm intersted in seeing what her answers are.

Ladies, if you're interested, take it away!