A Good Yarn

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Still April

No film fest yesterday because I went to a fundraiser for the Harriet Tubman Family Alliance. The Honeydogs played and I really enjoyed them. I think I have heard them on local radio, but I'd never heard them live and they were good. My brother was also the big winner in the raffle. They had a little different set up for the raffle - you would drop your ticket into a bowl for the specific prize you'd like to win, rather than just having one big raffle with 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize, etc. So, Greg won a free year of beer. That's right, 36 cases of beer. We had to take 12 cases of it home with us last night and let me tell you, that's a lot of beer! He also won a $100 gift certificate to a local restaurant and a night for 10 people at a comedy club. What fun, eh?

Being that we were unloading beer and such, I didn't get home until late and still haven't knit this week. I did make a photo mosaic of the yellow and/or orange stuff around my house: