A Good Yarn

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Update

OK, I have a few things to update you on. First, the lawn is still long because I can't get the lawnmower started and the bunnies are still loving the long grass:



I made it out to Shepherd's Harvest this weekend. I wish I had cute animal pictures to show you, but unfortunately I'm a complete moron. One of the settings on my camera got set to something weird in the jostling in my bag and all my pictures came out way too dark. The moronic part is that I didn't think to check this setting (which is easily changed and has happened more than once) until I got back home again. I did figure it out eventually and took pictures of my purchases.



This is some chocolate brown alpaca yarn from Enchanted Meadows Alpacas. I fell in love with all of the really dark brown alpacas and llamas at the show and had to buy some yarn in that color. I bought enough for a sweater, although it's sock weight, so it'd take me forever to knit a sweater for myself.



A skein of Mer-made sock yarn from Blackberry Ridge. I already have a skein of this yarn, but the colors are different enough I just go ahead and knit two pairs of socks that are similar. Or, maybe one of them will become a gift in a swap. This is great yarn, though.



I also picked up this kit from Blackberry Ridge. It's for a bunch of mitten and hat ornaments. They're so cute! Some of them are beaded too.

I also picked up a few tool-type things, but those are boring, so no pictures.

I also felted the Wobbly Circle Tote:



Project Name: Wobbly Circles Felted Tote
Designer: Leigh Radford
Pattern Source: Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky
Yarn Source: Stash and Needlework Unlimited
Date Started: 4/17/06
Date Completed: 5/13/06

Comments: I fell in love with this bag when I saw it in the magazine. I thought it would be the perfect way to use up some of my LP Bulky stash too. The gauge is a bit bigger than the pattern, so the bag is a little bigger than ideal, but it's workable. I also joined the KAL, but I haven't posted to that blog.

Finally, I mentioned that Finbar is sick. We spent a lot of time and money trying to figure out what's wrong with him last week, but I think we've got it figured out. It seems to be pancreatitis. I've been pretty stressed out about it, but I'm feeling more hopeful now. He's been on IV meds for the last two days and it seems like it's working, so I'm hoping he's going to be back to normal soon.



As you can see, his hair was growing in again finally, but he had to have his belly shaved again for an ultrasound. Poor bald doggy!



Fiona's been enjoying being the only dog in the house for a little bit. Although she looks a bit sad, here. But it's one of the only times she's forced herself into my knit picture taking, so I think she's enjoying the attention - and all of the extra treats as I kept trying to feed Finbar without luck.