A Good Yarn

Monday, January 22, 2007

So Excited!



The highlight of my weekend was seeing the Colts beat the Patriots in the AFC title game last night! It was literally the best football game I've ever seen. The drama! The Colts were losing 21-3 and I was feeling very, very cross. But Peyton was a hero and led his team on several scoring drives. Peyton Manning is my favorite currently active NFL player. I'm so, so happy that he finally silenced all the critics of his play in the "big game". And Tony Dungy. First, he's a Gopher. Second, he coached for the Vikings. Third, he was unceremoniously dumped from the Bucs and that twit Jon Gruden took the team Dungy built and won a Super Bowl with it. Most importantly, he seems to be one of the nicest, most real people in professional sports. I'm so, so happy for him. And to be the first African-American coach to coach in the Super Bowl (along with his best friend, Bears coach Lovie Smith) is so awesome. I cannot WAIT for the Super Bowl and I hope the Colts absolutely crush the hated Bears. Bears fans are about as bad as Patriots and Cowboys fans.

I did work on the red scarf at my knitting group on Saturday and during the less gripping moments of the football games yesterday and I'm over 75% done now. I should be able to finish well before the end of the week. It's already long enough that I would wear it and it feels fantastic. But, they want a 60" long scarf, so I'm going to finish my last skein of yarn and I should be just under 60" - close enough, I think.

I also did a little yarn shopping this weekend. I'm not knitting from stash this year. It's not that I'm not going to knit anything out of my stash, because I am, I'm just not committing to only knitting from stash. And that's not because my stash couldn't use a little knitting from. I have a very nice stash that could hold me over through the year. But I really like me some yarn buying. As I've mentioned before, my resolution this year is to stick to my monthly budget. And that includes my craft supplies budget. So I'm not swearing off all purchases, but I'm trying to keep it under control. My newest additions are these:



and



It's another gray winter's morning, so these photos are a little brighter than the true colors, thanks to the flash. The yarn is Colinette's new sock yarn, Jitterbug. It's a very nice 100% merino. The texture sort of reminds me of Koigu. Their colorways were so intense and lovely! I really wanted another skein that was a bright pink, but I managed to stop myself at two skeins.