A Good Yarn

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Other Outings

I did make it out to Shepherd's Harvest for a little while on Sunday. This is the second year in a row that I've been really worried about a sick dog at SH, so I may make alternative plans for next year to break that curse. Of course I indulged in a little retail therapy. I don't spin, so I bought a couple of patterns and magazines and a little bit of yarn.



The Trekking Pro Natura is 75% wool, 25% bamboo. The bamboo gives it a little bit of sheen. Same great Trekking colorways.



I didn't know CTH came in solid colors. This is a little bit brighter turquoise than it looks in this picture - I think the sun ducked behind a cloud. I bought a cute mitten pattern to make with this yarn.



I bought enough of this yarn to make a sweater for myself. It's a worsted weight 100% merino wool that feels very soft and cushy. It's spun by Stonehedge Fiber Mill in Michigan.

Yes, all the yarn I bought was blue. I'm aware of that. I guess it matched my mood. I just was very drawn to those blues. I had a lot on my mind, so I forgot to bring my camera, but those animals were absolutely adorable!

Another great cure for when you're feeling bad is to go see one of the funniest people on the planet:



Jon Stewart was in town on Friday night to do a little stand up comedy and he was hilarious! He started out with the political stuff, which we all were expecting and wanting, but he moved on to more traditional comedy fodder, like religion and computers and life in general. He was very, very funny. And incredibly handsome. I'm really glad we went. Before the show we had dinner at my favorite downtown restaurant, Fire Lake. As usual, the food was fantastic. Greg had a buffalo steak wrapped in bacon and I had a prime rib. I started with the gathered green salad - a salad with blue cheese, craisins and candied walnuts. Yum!!