A Good Yarn

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ugh!

Oh, it's uncomfortable these days. I'm trying not to complain because I know in a wink of an eye, it's going to be really cold, but I just can't help myself. I know it's a tattered old cliche, but it's true - it's not the heat, it's the humidity! It's hard to breath. But I know relief is coming, because players report to Vikings training camp today - football has officially begun! YAY!!!!

Speaking of yay, can I just say again how much I love Ravelry? I got an email this morning about a yarn that I have admired in the store being on sale. So I looked it up on Ravelry and looked to see what people are knitting with this yarn. And it gave me some great ideas. How cool is that? If you're still waiting for your invite to come, Margene posted a great idea today - start taking pictures of your stash and projects and such and get them set up in Flickr. That way when you get on, it'll be so much easier to input everything. Great idea! I'm not going back and putting all my old stuff in, because it's just too time consuming, but I do find it incredibly easy to just add stuff into Ravelry as I'm going. I'm putting my pictures up on Flickr anyway to post them to this here blog, so it's just a minute or two more to go into Ravelry and add them there too - easy, peasy!

Like this new project I've been working on:



You probably recognize the pattern. It's the Multidirectional Scarf knit in Artyarns Handpaint Stripes. Since it's so close to the end of July and almost time to change Project Spectrum colors, I decided to knit up this bridge project - Black of June/July and Purple for August/September. I've had this yarn sitting next to my computer for months, so I literally started a project with the first yarn I could grab. It's incredibly easy - go make one for yourself or for charity!

Labels: