A Good Yarn

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Exciting News!

I have exciting news. I am completely caught up on my Bloglines posts! I know, that may not be that exciting for you, but it certainly is for me. It's been a really, really long time since I've been completely up to date on my blog reading.

Ok, if you're not wowed by that news, how about this - I'm done with my Weeping Willow Shawl! Here it is pre-blocked:



Before I got my clothing steamer, I prefered to wet block everything. I still like wet blocking the best for lace, so that's what I did - put it in the washer and soaked it in the water, then spun it out a bit so it wasn't soaking wet any more. Then I got a chance to use my new foam blocks and pinned it all out:



I love the foam blocks. I'm so glad I finally took the plunge and bought them. As you can see, I'm not that good at geometry and didn't put the middle of the shawl at the halfway point of the blocks, so I ended up going over the edge on one side. What an idiot I am. I was too lazy to take it all out and move it over, so I just rolled up a towel next to the block and pinned the end to the towel. Here's a close up of the lace being blocked:



I probably could have blocked it out even more, but I am always afraid of stretching it too much. I think it looks ok at this gauge, though. Once I have it completely dried and unpinned, I'll get someone to take some action shots.

Labels: