A Good Yarn

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm Back!

OK, I'm done fringing now. Well, I may go to one more show tonight, but I'm pretty much done. I saw 30 different show, the Macbeth show twice. There were a lot that I liked a lot and only one that I didn't like. Even that one had some nice things going for it. So, it was a good year. I'm tired, though. Going to work then directly to a couple of shows and getting home late is really hard. I like to have a little down time to unwind. And I hardly knit a stitch the whole 10 days. There was knitting content in one show I saw, though - it was a one man show in which the guy talks about his life of petty crimes, including stealing a mail bag. He finds a handknit pair of baby booties in one of the packages and is devastated by guilt.

Yesterday I spent the day at the Irish Fair, carding people who wanted to buy beer. It was so hot and humid! I felt like I was stewing in my own juices. Gross, I know. I did bring something mindless to knit during slow moments and knit up this bib:



I had to knit the second strap and work in the ends when I got home last night, but I still knit it all in one day - pretty good for me! Now I just need to find a button to sew on it. I think I may send it to my sister for my nephew, Jason. You probably already know the specs, but in case you're curious:

Project Name: Baby Bib O' Love
Designer: Kay Gardiner & Ann Shayne
Pattern Source: Mason Dixon Knitting
Yarn: Sugar 'n Cream
Yarn Source: JoAnn's, I think
Date Started: 8/11/07
Date Completed: 8/11/07

Labels: