A Good Yarn

Monday, August 23, 2004

FO!

Saturday was the Twin Cities Ample Knitters Get Together. A great time was had by all, I think. Susan was very smart and brought her camera, so we have actual photographic evidence of the fun - check out Susan's blog.

I also saw this on Saturday:



Loved it! I'm not a big fan of Metallica or metal music, but the music is only part of the film, and probably the smallest part. The fascinating part of the film is the inside look at a band that is crumbling apart after 20+ years of playing together (both musically and off-stage). They hire a therapist to try to work with them and figure out how they can stay together after the bassist quits the band.

I tried to finish the garter stitch shawl on Saturday, but my own ineptitude delayed me. I started to bind off, but 2/3 through I realized I would have a lot of yarn left. I tinked the bind off and knit another 2 rows, then realized I WOULDN'T have enough yarn to bind off. ARGH!! So, I tinked the last row and Sunday morning I finally bound off. Here it is:



As I was knitting it, I thought I might not need the 4th ball of yarn, but now that it's finished, I think I could have probably used a 5th. Those long rows eat up a lot of yarn.