A Good Yarn

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Only 3 days left

Despite my best efforts to be productive on Friday, I didn't get all that much done. I ended up having lunch with Beth and Bill at Fabulous Fern's, and that took a big chunk out of the middle of the day.

I got my most recent purchase from Joann's, this fabric knitting kit:



Should be a fun and easy little knit.

I went out for dinner to India Palace with my friend Kathy and then we saw this movie:



I liked it. Jamie Foxx was amazing as Ray Charles - he really captured his speech patterns and movements, but still seemed in the moment and real, not just an imitator. The music, of course, was fabulous. The movie really only goes until 1966, all before I was born, so I was unfamiliar with this part of the Ray Charles story. He was quite accomplished and did amazing things, but at the same time was a very flawed man. It's nice to see a movie that isn't afraid to show both sides of that.

Afterwards we went to Barnes & Noble and I browsed through the knitting books section. I found a few books that I really liked, so when I got home I checked Overstock and they had them all in stock, for much cheaper. Love that place!