I managed to get a picture of the Cable T taken:
It was a lovely day and very comfortable, although perhaps not the most flattering thing in my wardrobe. I'll probably wear it pretty regularly next spring, though. I had a chance to go to the zoo on Monday and see the animals and the beautiful fall colors. It's one of my favorite things about living in Minnesota.
Here's a close up so you can see how pretty those leaves really are:
We had a pretty windy spell a couple of weeks ago, so the trees aren't as full this year as usual, but it's still beautiful. Several days this week I've driven through residential areas and it's just taken my breath away, seeing the reds, yellows and oranges of all the trees lining the streets. I've often wanted to try to knit something to capture those colors.
Unfortunately, it turned cold and stormy yesterday, and now this is what it looks like out my front door:
The leaves are still pretty even though they're on the ground, but probably not for long:
I probably won't be able to wear the Cable T again this year, but luckily I've already started another knit along:
This is the work I got done on Monday night. The yellow of the mittens was really clashing with the green of my Cable T. Plus I kept poking the DPN into the hole between the cables down the middle.
I was not happy with how that mitten was turning out. As you can see, I was not getting nice little "v"s for the thrums. I took a look at the other bloggers in the knitalong and saw lots of beautiful, neat little "v"s and got depressed. I considered frogging the whole thing, but I really loved how soft the inside of the mitten was. Last night I worked on it again and figured out I was wrapping the thrums the wrong way. I wrapped them a different way and got much better "v"s. I probably should have frogged and started over, but I decided that would be annoying and the half good/half bad mitten would remind me of my knitting progress and make me proud. I finished all but the tip of the thumb on the first mitten. Man is that warm!! It'll be great for shoveling the soon to be appearing snow.
I have also been working on the sleeve of the Florentine Flattery. It's going to take both skeins to finish the first sleeve, leaving me short 2 skeins for the second sleeve and at least 1 skein for the button band. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do about that, but I'm continuing on. I am going to finish it, even if I have to have one sleeve in a lighter pink than the other.