A Good Yarn

Saturday, October 16, 2004

I've been RAOK'ed!!

I got the most incredible package from Lisa B. She totally rocks!!!

I ripped open the envelope and found this:



If you look closely at the bottom left corner of the Hot Tamales, you can see that I've already ripped open the box and chowed down on some. I hadn't had time for lunch and was starving, so I couldn't help myself. Chocolate is my true love (well, maybe yarn, but chocolate is definitely my first love) so the chocolate is much appreciated. I regularly go on Hot Tamales binges, though. It's my favorite non-chocolate candy - I'm amazed that Lisa would somehow know that. The cute little Halloween baggie is filled with Halloween candies - chocolate and peanut butter candies. I found the baggie inside of this:



Isn't that brown velvet purse divine? I just love it! I feel like I'm straight out of Jane Austen when I hold it. The Yarn Cutter Pendant fits in with the theme, as well. I've always wanted to try one of those.

Included in the package was the cutest card:



Thanks so much for your generosity, Lisa. It was truly appreciated!!

I got this yarn from ebay:



Yes, it is almost the same color as my Cable T. I'm obsessed with that color right now, thank you very much. When I first started knitting, Dale was one of my favorite yarn companies. I made a Debbie Bliss sweater for Bill's sister's baby from Dale Kolibri and loved it. This green was one of the accent colors, so I had a partial skein left. I've run across it in my stash a few times and wished I had more, but Kolibri was discontinued several years ago. Kolibri is almost identical to the yarn I'm using for Florentine Flattery, so in my quest to find yarn to finish this sweater, I searched ebay for pink Kolibri and also found this green. I'm so excited!

Last night I saw this movie:



Loved it!! It's so well written and the actors were fantastic - a great cast. It started very quickly and I was sort of lost and thought, "Oh, I don't like this movie, it's too artsy." Soon, however, it won me over with it's great humor and the clever way everything fit together. We all agreed that we wanted to see it again, now that we've figured out who everyone is, etc. It's hilariously funny, but the sadness behind the humor is also evident. The funniest part is played by Peter O'Toole, one of my favorite actors.

After the movie, we had dinner at Levain. It's a beautiful restaurant, but I personally think it's overrated. I had the duck, the breast was delicious. I didn't care for the leg/thigh, however. It was removed from the bone and shredded. I'm not much of a dark meat, fan, though. There was a butternut squash flan on the side, which was pretty bland. For dessert we shared a couple of flourless chocolate torts. They were good.