A Good Yarn

Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's the Holidays

So, I'm busy doing a million things to get ready. I'm mostly done with the shopping, but I haven't wrapped many of the presents. I started making my cards, but I haven't written any of them out yet. I'm cutting way, way down on the baking this year - just my mom's favorite (fudge), my nephew's favorite (pretzels) and everyone's favorite (chocolate chip cookies). I'm babysitting tomorrow night, so we may decorate some sugar cookies, too. As you can see, not much knitting is getting done. So, I swiped this meme from Chele's blog instead. Feel free to swipe it from me.

Act your age: 37 and almost exactly 1/2

Born on what day of the week: Monday's child is fair of face. No really, I was born on a Monday.

Chore you hate: Really all of them. I guess the one I hate the most is mowing the lawn.

Dad's name: Jim

Essential make-up item: I never really get this question, because if I'm going to put on makeup, I'm putting it all on. I'd never just put one thing on. If I don't have enough to do the whole thing, I just go without.

Favorite actors/actresses: So, so many. If I had to choose one, it'd be Johnny Depp.

Gold or silver: silver.

Hometown: I live in St. Paul, MN so when people ask where I'm from, I say St. Paul. But I grew up in Sioux Falls, SD so I guess that's my hometown in the sense of that.

Instruments you play: none

Job title: Attorney, Mediator, Guardian ad Litem

Kids: Just puppies

Living arrangements: Me and the dogs in a small house in the Highland Park neighborhood of St. Paul.

Mom's name: Anne

Number of socks you own: Lots. In fact, too many for my dresser to hold, so I have a laundry basket next to the dresser just filled with socks. I'm crazy that way.

Overnight hospital stays: So far as I can remember, none. I've been told when I was born I did, though.

Phobia: I'm pretty scared of snakes, although when I was a docent at the zoo, I sort of faced that fear and am more calm about it. I'm also sort of scared of heights.

Quote you like: Never cry over something that can't cry over you.

Religious affiliation: None.
Siblings: 2.

Time you woke up today: 7:00 a.m. Let the dogs out, moved the car so the street can be plowed and then went back to bed. It's great to be self-employed.

Unusual habits: I make up all sorts of little rules for how I do things and have a hard time breaking my own rules. Like I always read blogs on bloglines alphabetically, not by which ones I'm most interested in. Or when I clean, I start in the kitchen and work my way around the house in a circle. Or when I pick out something - like jeans to wear or pajamas or a towel to dry off with, I have to pick whatever is on top, not pick and choose. Yep, I'm a little OCD.

Vicious thing you've done: Vicious is a pretty strong word and implies an intent to injure. I hope I've never done anything with the intent to hurt someone else. I can be pretty vicious in my sarcastic comments and perhaps they have been overheard and hurt someone's feelings. Like once when I said I'd rather set my hair on fire than stay at someone's house another day - I think she may have overheard me say that.

Worst habit: Eating something sweet after almost every meal.

X-rays you've had: Teeth. My ankle when I sprained it in Iceland - they thought it might be broken. I think that's it.

Your favorite season: Fall, by far.

Zodiac sign: Cancer.