A Good Yarn

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I Heart Heather



Last night I went to the Minnesota Lynx home opener. They teased us by leading for most of the game, but in the end, the Connecticut Sun took control and won by a handy margin. It was a fun game, though. Before the game we ate at a relatively new restaurant in town, NBA City. I ate there last weekend with my brother and Michael, before we went to Gameworks for a little videogame fun. The first time we went, we enjoyed the food much more. We had buffalo wings as an appetizer, then Greg had the ribs and I had a Phillie cheesesteak. That was all very good. The french fries were very potatoey, which I like. Last night I had a pepperoni and sausage pizza, which I didn't like all that much. It was ok and I think I would have liked a margherita pizza better. I also had a tomato and mozzarella salad, which was also ok. The tomatoes aren't in season yet, but there's nothing anyone can do about that. I would say that this restaurant is better than most chains, but not on the level of fine dining. We had 2 for 1 drinks last night too, which was a really good deal. The best part of the restaurant for me is that it's a great place to watch a game. They have a lot of flat panel HDTVs with really good sight lines from the tables. The floor looks like a basketball court and they have a lot of fun basketball themed decor as well, so it's definitely worth a visit if you're a sports fan.

I wanted to share the new sock yarn I ordered from Heather. I received it last week, but was just too sad to talk about it. I did get some comfort in holding it and petting it when I was feeling bad about Finbar being sick, though. It's so gorgeous too.



This is a fingering weight in pretty greens and pinks. So pretty and springy!



This is a heavier weight in gorgeous blues and greens. It's more like sport weight. They're both so soft too.



Heather surprised me by including this bonus skein of sportweight in purples and black. LOVE IT!! Such a nice surprise and totally something I would pick out for myself.

Heather is a genius at the dyepot. I would highly recommend you get some for yourself next time she has an offering.



Despite my depresion and lethargy over the last couple of weeks, I have been knitting. I finished up the back of the Nora cardigan.



I was kind of in denial about how late in the month it's getting and thought I might have a shot at almost finishing this in May, but I can see by looking at the calendar, that's not going to happen. Oh well, there's nothing that says you have to finish all your Project Spectrum projects in the designated month.