A Good Yarn

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Knitting Progress

I have been doing a bit of knitting, too. I made another mitred square for my blanket - blocked, but not sewn together yet:



Sorry it's so shadowy. I was too lazy to drag it outside. I also am making my way down the foot of the Lozenge sock:



I like the pooling more now that there's more sock. The huge expanses of gray don't look as overwhelming to me now that there are more of them, broken up by the blue and green. The sock looks very big to me, but I just tried it on and it still seems to fit just fine.

Most of my time has been spent on the Merging Colors Mitred Scarf. I believe I mentioned that I discovered that I had twisted the first row, but I didn't figure that out for quite a while. I ended up ripping the whole thing out and reknitting on a slightly longer needle. Whenever I rip something out, I am a bit obsessed about reknitting back to the original progress point as quickly as possible. So, I set aside all my other projects and just knit on the scarf for almost a week before I got back to where I had been. But, now I'm even further along and in fact coming closer to the end. I'm absolutely in love with this project still:



Although my camera focused on the grain of the wood underneath it, I think you can see the color gradations pretty well in the fuzzy closeup: