A Good Yarn

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Knitting Update

Sorry about that long, long post yesterday. I should have broken it up into two posts, but I didn't realize how long it was until I published it. Anyway, here's the knitting update. I've made another mitred square for the blanket:



I've turned the heel on the Lozenge socks. I'm still wondering if I should just rip these out. They call for a plain stockinette stitch heel flap, which I've never used before. I thought I'd try it out and I'm not sure how it's going to work. It doesn't pull in at all like the traditional heel flap:



I was about ready to rip it out, but first I tried it on and it seems like it fits ok:



So now I'm unsure what to do again. I should probably stop ignoring that little voice telling me to rip it out and try a different pattern. But I'm still thinking I should just finish them up because they're ok.

On a happier note, I'm LOVING the merging colors scarf. I'm almost through the purples: