A Good Yarn

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sock Yarn Clubs

This week just flew by, didn't it? I worked a lot, had a few evening social engagements, but the big news is that I had a bat in my house. UGH!! I seem to get a bat in the house every summer, so now I'm totally paranoid about it. Every time I walk in a room during the summer, I scan the ceilings to make sure there isn't a bat hanging up there. I thought I truly was being paranoid, but then another one came in on Wednesday night. Most of the time I'm perfectly happy being a single woman, but when something like that happens, I really wish there was a nice man around to save me. I haven't been sleeping well since then, because I keep worrying that I'm going to wake up to a bat flying around my head again.

I have gotten some good mail to make me feel better, though. I got my last shipment in the Posh Sock Yarn Club:



Once again I didn't care for this colorway. I was very disappointed in this club and won't be renewing again. I already gave this skein away so I wouldn't have to deal with it.



It was also the last month for the Sweet Sheep Sock Club. This month's selection was from C*eye*ber Fiber - a colorway called Little Miss M. Of course I like this one with the pink and purple combo. I've been very happy with this sock club and if she starts it up again, I will join again.



Sweet Sheep also has a Project Spectrum Sock Club. It's all Sweet Sheep yarn in a nearly solid, one skein per month in the PS colorway. I've also been thrilled with this sock club. Her yarns are nice and the colorways are usually really gorgeous.

I also bought one more skein of yarn from Webs. I was ordering yarn for another project and just threw this skein into the cart because I wanted to check it out:



It's Silky Sock from Great Adirondack Yarns in the Pineapple Polly colorway. Love the colorway. I like the yarn, but I think I prefer Soxie.

Labels: