A Good Yarn

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Men Seldom Make Passes

Now that I'm back into my normal day to day, I finished up the hat to match my multi-directional scarf:



Project Name: Basic Cable Hat
Designer: Christine Quirion
Pattern Source: Stitch n Bitch Nation
Yarn: Artyarns Handpaint Stripes
Yarn Source: Three Kittens Needlearts
Date Started: 7/30/07
Date Completed: 8/13/07

Comments: I bought this yarn at Three Kittens during the LYS Treasure Hunt in 2006. I fell in love with this black/purple/gray colorway. I then bought two more skeins on Knitswap, but the two different "dyelots" (they don't use dyelots with Artyarns - each batch is unique) didn't really match, so I made a scarf with the two skeins and then this hat with the third. They do look ok together, though. This skein was significantly softer than the other two skeins, though. It was a real pleasure to knit with. I have quite a bit of yarn left over so I may make something small like baby booties from the leftovers.

In other news, I got new glasses last week:



Sorry I look so cranky. It's really hard for me to take a picture of myself, plus the sun was sort of in my eyes. I'm going to just stop now and not pick apart everything that's wrong with me in that picture, in the hope that if I don't point it out, you won't notice it. ANYWAY! These glasses aren't all that much different than my last pair to the average person. However, they look really different to me. I have been wearing wire rimmed glasses for a while, so it's been a while since I wore plastic rims. It looks weird when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. Today I finally figured out who I think I look like:



Midge from Vertigo. Which is just perfect, because I totally identify with Midge. The smart and sensible business woman who is totally in love with Jimmy Stewart. Only Jimmy Stewart is obsessed with the blond bombshell, Kim Novak. Who is totally wrong for him and will be his undoing.

Labels: