A Good Yarn

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Interview, anyone?

I saw this fun blog game on Natalie's blog and decided to play along. If you want to play along, I'll interview whoever responds to this post. These are the rules:

1. Leave me a comment or email me saying “interview me.” If you leave a comment, make sure you leave your blog address because bloggers comments suck and I haven't upgraded yet.

2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.

3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Ok…here are the questions that Natalie asked of me:

1. You’re obviously a NFL fan, have you ever played Fantasy Football? (My husband plays, and I’m the “commissioner” of their league…maybe we should have a KnitBloggers League? )

I've played fantasy football for 6 years now, I think. I usually play in 4-5 different leagues. My favorite league has been one that my friend, Michael, invited me to join. His twin brother, his roommate from college and various other friends of theirs are in the league. I invited my brother and he invited a couple of his friends over the years, so it's pretty fun with the smack talk and all. I am the only girl in the league, which adds a little fun for me. I won the championship for two years and last year I won the consolation bracket. I also usually join at least one league that is all women. A KnitBloggers League would be awesome!

2. What do you think will happen in the final season of The Sopranos?

I have no idea. It's not coming for another year, so I guess we have plenty of time to come up with theories. Last season was probably my favorite, mostly because I thought Gandolfini did such a masterful job throughout the season. The Test Dream is my all time favorite episode. I figure that A.J. will get involved in the business next season, showing the continuation of the family business. Maybe the family will go to war with the Russian mafia. I think it'll end with Tony and Carm still together and Tony happy, but maybe he'll be arrested by the Feds.

3. Quick! Your house is on fire and you can rescue ONE skein of yarn from your stash. Which do you take?

This is an evil, evil question. Like Sophie's Choice. Ok, not that bad, but still...
I can't think of anything that is totally irreplacable, at least not in a single skein. I can't think of anything that was really, really expensive that I haven't already knit up either. So I guess I would go with the skein of Silk yarn I got for the "Violets by the River" shawl. It's 560 yards of sport weight, which would give me a good amount of knitting time while I replaced what I could in my stash.

4. Show us your bead stash!

Compared to my yarn stash, my bead stash is pretty tame. Of course, it's also much smaller and easier to store. I mostly have a ton of seed beads:



As you can see, I have most of my beads in a zippered bag, with plastic pages with a lot of pockets. I also have that cool little box with jars, which I love and will probably buy more of those. I also have the plastic handled carrying case. Under that blue tray is my collection of Size 8 Perle Cotton.

5. The last movie I saw in the theater was Shrek 2. Recommend a movie to me (that is available on video right now) that I MUST see, and tell me why. Preferably one that I can knit during, of course (meaning no subtitles)!

"Sideways" was my favorite movie last year and it's out on DVD in a couple of weeks. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's funny and sad at the same time. The acting is outstanding all around. If you can't wait that long, my second favorite movie of the year was "Before Sunset". Make it a double feature and see "Before Sunrise" too. Very sweet movies. Almost exclusive both films are a man and a woman talking, getting to know each other, reconnecting. Excellent scripts.

Ok, that's my interview. Excellent questions Natalie!!