A Good Yarn

Monday, June 06, 2005

Monday again

I had such a nice weekend. I'm just loving the warm weather. It's awesome to be able to walk outside without a coat and barefoot. As negative as the winter weather can get by March, we do tend to really, really appreciate the nice days like this.

After such a hectic week, I just chilled at home on Friday night. I'm still spending quite a bit of time putting together Beaded Necklace kits. I had absolutely nothing on my calendar for Saturday. LOVE that! I managed to actually clean the house. All that's left is my bedroom. I actually managed to work the gigantic pile of laundry down to a big pile. I watched a couple of my Netflix DVDs - Sex and the City and Coupling. How much fun is that? I did a little knitting too. I am almost done with the back of the hearts sweater:



I'm hoping it'll even out a bit when I block it out. This thing is way too big for a 1-2 year old. The cover photo shows a really oversized sweater, so I should have known and made the smaller size. Oh well, hopefully that just means it'll last a long time. Hopefully Saralee will be happy with it.

Finbar was quite amusing me on Saturday too. I have an enclosed front porch. When we moved from our old office to our new office (well over a year ago), things were "temporarily" moved onto my porch for a while. The stuff that I actually moved back into the new office were put in the far corner and stuff that we haven't needed for the last 18 months were on the outside - yeah, that's way backwards. My porch is still chock a block full of stuff, which doesn't make me very happy, but not unhappy enough to actually do something about it so far. Anyway, Finbar managed to pick his way between boxes into the corner where there's some empty space and hide out:



I also got to catch up on a lot of my blog reading. I fell behind quite a bit when I was trying to get so much done before we left for Maryland, the time we were in MD and then trying to catch up from being gone. It's been a month since MDS&W, so that's a lot of posts to catch up on! Finbar was sitting as close as he possibly could while I was sitting at the computer, reading:



Sunday was Bill and Beth's "wedding" reception at the Science Museum. It's hard enough to go to a wedding as a single girl. It's really hard when it's your ex-boyfriend's wedding. With all of his family there. And his friends, a lot of whom you don't really like. Happily, since it was at the Science Museum, I was able to convince my nephew, Michael, to come along. He really likes Red and likes the museum, so it ended up not being so bad. I was able to concentrate on Michael during the social part and then when we went out to the museum, Michael had a blast. He's such a smart kid! I had to drag him from exhibit to exhibit because he was so engrossed in the experiments and such. Afterwards we met up with my brother and Michael's sister for dinner.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned the AK Get together at Yarn Cafe. I didn't mention that I didn't walk out empty-handed. I bought some really great patterns:



I also got a couple of patterns that were free with purchase of yarn from Plymouth. I got this:



for a hat that's knit with Stars (a novelty yarn) that I already had in my stash. I also picked up this:



to knit a little felted bag. Not so bad as Stash Enhancement goes. I can't tell you how much I want to cast on for a new project, but I've gotta finish at least two of the projects I'm already working on before I do that.