A Good Yarn

Friday, June 03, 2005

Thank goodness for short weeks

This week has been unbelievably busy. I know part of it is because it's been a short week, but I can hardly believe it's already Friday. Thank goodness!

I can findly post pictures of what I've been working on the last couple of weeks:



This is the pattern that I did for the June Kit for the Beaded Knitting Group. I knit up a bunch of samples and gathered all the materials to put kits together. It's been fun, but very, very time consuming. I've gotten some great ideas from the colors other people have put together, so I may need to knit up a couple more necklaces.

On Tuesday night I went to the TC SnB get together at Caribou at Larpenteur and Lexington. We had a nice time knitting and chatting - come on over and join us if you're in the neighborhood on Tuesday nights. I almost finished one of the fronts of Mariah while I was there.

I also worked on Lucky this week. I'm getting close to finishing the back of that too:



Slowly but surely things are coming along with this. Maybe by the time it starts to get cool in the fall again I'll finish this up. I'm a pathetically slow knitter....

I definitely won't be able to wear it around here right now. A week ago it was in the 50s and now it's in the 80s. Wowza! We had a couple of days of 60s/low 70s, so I guess that was spring and now it's summer. I think I've unpacked all my summer clothes, now. I was missing one big box with a lot of my summer suits, which left me about two outfits to wear to court, kind of a panic! I still have more winter clothes to pack away, so I guess I'll have to go pick up some more Rubbermaid boxes and free up some closet space. I live in a very small old house built when people had 3 outfits, so there's no closet space. We have way too much crap these days. Anyway, Finbar has been enjoying the warm weather:



Doesn't he look crazy? He just finished rolling around on his back.