A Good Yarn

Friday, July 29, 2005

It's All About the Stitch Markers

I got another set of stitch markers from Marker Mania:



These are from Minnie. Aren't they charming? I love ladybugs!! The little word charms are so cute too.

Since I've loved Marker Mania, I decided to join the Stitch Marker Swap. Here's my stitch marker questionnaire:

Do you prefer shorter or more dangling type of markers?

I think I like the shorter ones better, but the dangly ones are ok too.

Is there any kind of markers that you would absolutely NOT want to recieve?

I wouldn't say absolutely not, but I do prefer markers that are attached to a split ring instead of the ones that are all one big piece of wire. I think they hang better.

Colors you like most?

Purple, fuscia, lime green. Those are the favorites, but I really like pretty much anything.

Colors you like least?

I used to say brown, but I'm totally into chocolate brown right now. So, I don't know that there is a color I like least. Maybe pastels? But pastel beads are cute, so probably not even that.

Would you prefer markers for smaller or larger sized needles?

I use smaller needles more than big needles, but I can use them all.

Do you want your sender to reveil themselves when there shipped or at a later date?
and How would you like to find out if at all?


I guess Michelle has something fun planned for reveals, so this question probably doesn't matter any more. I'm up for whatever, though.

Wednesday night was knitting night at Nina's. We were looking at an old needlework magazine from 1972. So funny! Some of the stuff of course looks pretty current, like the ponchos. Some of that stuff was just crazy though! I wonder what people will think of our projects 30 years from now.

Last night Greg, Michael and I had our yearly outing at Ribfest. This guy was the musical act last night:



When I was 14 years old, I was absolutely in love with Rick Springfield. I used to listen to "Living in Oz" over and over again. I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed in him last night. His voice hasn't really held up over the years and his "schtick" was pretty cheesey. He came out for the encore with no shirt - he still looks pretty good even after all this time.