A Good Yarn

Sunday, July 17, 2005

AK Get Together

I forgot to post the other stitch markers I made Friday night after I got home from dinner:



I really liked those flowery blue beads, so I decided to make some markers with them. I still have more left, so I may also make a bracelet for myself.

Yesterday was our Ample Knitters Knit Together. Thank heavens, because it was hotter than Hades, so it was nice to hang out in the nice air conditioning at Yarn Cafe. We had a great time knitting and chatting. The owner, Michelle, also stopped by to chat with us awhile and told us about some of the future plans - they're going to have some fun stuff going on! She also brought us a plate of truffles to savor. That's pretty much ideal - sitting on a comfortable couch, knitting and chatting with friends while someone brings you chocolate. I managed to only buy some yarn for my secret pal, but afterwards we headed over to Amazing Threads. I hadn't seen their new space, but I mostly wanted to see the Interweave Knits Trunk Show. Unfortunately, it was gone :-( I did buy some yarn, though. Maureen had some socks from Bearfoot with her, so I decided I absolutely had to buy a skein for myself:



I also latched on to this skein of yarn:



It's Great Adirondack Ultra Fluff. I just loved this color and I've wanted to knit myself a new Fluff scarf. I knit one for myself back in 1998 and it's gotten a bit matted looking over the years.

I also stopped by Insomniac Beads and picked up a bunch of goodies, including a nice red coral pendant for that necklace I made earlier in the week. So, I think I'll be beading some more today.