A Good Yarn

Monday, July 25, 2005

Summer Storms

We had some storms this weekend and the power went out at my office, so my file server has been unavailble to show pictures - or save new pictures. What's a blog post without pictures?

Friday was another scorcher, so I decided to end my workday early and find relief in the theaters again. I saw this one:



I liked it, but I like the Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn/Will Ferrell/Ben Stiller movies. They're not all in this one, but I think of them as sort of a comedian rat pack for our generation. It's a bit racy, but nothing too over the top. Perfect way to enjoy a hot summer afternoon/early evening.

Saturday I had a chance to spend a little time with Red and we decided to go to Como Zoo and check out the new Como Town. It's a really nice ride area - I think his favorite was the chance to drive a little car and earn a driver's license. We also had a water balloon fight and got soaking wet. We walked through the conservatory and some of the zoo, then played mini golf. It was a pretty fun day!

Here's a picture of Florentine Flattery as finished: