A Good Yarn

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Let the Party Begin, Part 2

That last post was getting too long, so I decided to break it into two.

So, Tuesday night I went out with my friend Florence to celebrate my birthday! Yeah! We started with dinner at Bombay Bistro. I haven't been to this one yet and I really enjoyed it. I was craving chicken curry, so I went off the menu and got that. It was delicious! We also had the vegetarian sampler appetizer, which was very tasty also. They knew it was my birthday and brought out some Gulab Jamun (Deep fried wheat and milk balls, soaked in sugar syrup)with a birthday candle - so fun! After dinner we headed over to the Lynx game:



Florence gave me some very cool gifts:



Florence is a printmaker and one of her instructors made this card - I love it!!



This is an assortment of stationary, cards and other fun stuff. Last summer we spent some time at a cabin up on the North Shore of Lake Superior with her husband, her teenage daughter and her daughter's friend. The girls had one of those Tiger Beat type of magazines and we were looking it over and took one of the quizzes. We found out that we are BFF (Best Friends Forever), so we always refer to each other as such. Thank God for that quiz, because otherwise I don't think we would have realized how much we care about each other ;-) I'm tickled by how cute and cheesy this stuff is, but I especially love how obsessive she was in getting absolutely everything there was with this theme.



This is a horrible picture because I took it into the sun instead of with the sun at my back, but hopefully you can kind of see the Gunflint Trail logo on the keychain. That logo is also on the glass. Besides that trip last summer we've been up to the North Shore a couple of other times, always having an AWESOME time. I'm always dying to see moose when we're up there and hardly ever catch a glimpse of them. I can't wait for our next trip up north!



And finally, this beauty! You've seen a couple of my cuffs in this style. Florence and I took the class to learn this project together and she made this gorgeous one for me!! I love it! Those are such great, elegant colors.

Thanks for a great night, Florence! I love ya!!!

I also bought a few birthday presents for myself:



I was shopping for some of this discontinued 1824 cotton for Susan for her birthday, because I knew she liked it and was sad to see it go. When I saw this awesome purple, I knew I had to get some for myself also. I got enough for a summer top for me.



While I was in the sale room, I also picked up some other single skeins that I like. I love Provence cotton and I really loved this color. I also got some of my favorite cotton, Tahki Cotton Classic:



I also decided on a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky for felting:



Yeah, I like red a lot. What about it?

I've also been doing a little actual knitting. I finished all of the button bands on Florentine Flattery and started sewing it together. I've got one of the sleeves sewn in and seamed:



There's one weird spot where the bind offs stopped and the decreases started. I think that will be hidden in the underarm, though. Hopefully.