A Good Yarn

Friday, August 26, 2005

Farmer's Market

I finished the first sleeve on the hearts sweater. I had planned to block it last night and post a picture here, but I didn't feel well, so I didn't feel like going down to the basement to do the blocking. It'd be great to finish the other sleeve this weekend so I can have it almost all done when I see Saralee next week.

Yesterday I went to the downtown Minneapolis farmer's market. I found a lot of good stuff:



I'm going to use the peppers to make a roasted peppers on crostini dish for Book Club this weekend.



I cut up a couple of the heirloom tomatoes and mixed them with fresh mozarella and basil from my own plants for dinner last night. They were delicious! Heirloom tomatoes are so easy to cut up.



I got the grapes to snack on because all of that food was making me hungry! I had the raspberries on a brownie for dessert last night. I'll use the leeks with a Habanero pepper from my own plant to make Saigon beef this weekend. The honey is from bees fed orange blossoms. Extra sharp cheddar from Wisconsin. I used the bread with my Caprese salad last night and was disappointed. It was a bit stale already. I'll use the rest for the crostini.



Couldn't resist those beauties!