A Good Yarn

Monday, August 15, 2005

Marker Mania!

I got another set of Stitch Markers in the Marker Mania exchange. These are from Emily:



Sorry the picture is so blurry. I swear it looked clear in the camera display. I'm too lazy to go through the process of re-taking and downloading the picture. These are lovely! It's hard to see, but the purple beads are just a very pretty lavender, which looks great with the little pink beads. Emily also included that little flower sticky notepad. Cute!! Thanks, Emily!!

Over the weekend I saw another great documentary:



So good! There's the great drama and excitement of the quad rugby games. But this film shows why I love documentaries so much - people are so interesting and complicated. The people shown in this movie are incredibly articulate and in touch with their feelings. But the main people are not saints. There's a really interesting story about a former player who is now a coach and his relationship with his non-athletic son. One scene with a man who is returning home for the first time after his spinal injury and is suddenly hit with the finality of it and the changes in his life is just killer.

I went to the Irish Fair on both Friday and Saturday. On Friday, Greg and I went to see Flogging Molly. They were pretty good. It was really crowded and difficult to get food or beer, which decreased our enjoyment of the evening. I went back on Saturday to look at the vendors and check out the James Joyce exhibit. I almost bought a cabled cardigan. It was gorgeous and I loved the color. The sleeves were way too long and I really should just knit one like it myself to fit better.