A Good Yarn

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

It was a knitty Christmas!

I'm back from So Dak. As always, the time flew by. On Christmas Eve I spent a little time in downtown Sioux Falls checking out a couple of stores. I started at the Bead Co. I fell in love with a stone bead bracelet in the store and decided to make my own as a Christmas present to myself. It was a very quick and fun project:



I also finally had time to relax and do some knitting. I have the Lucky cardigan almost put together - probably another day or two of sewing. I totally messed up on one of the fronts - I made it one repeat too short. There's no way I was going to rip it out and re-knit, so I just eased it in during the sewing together. I know that's not the best way to handle it, but I just really want to finish this project up. My sister said the cardigan fits her the way she wanted. She wanted to add some buttons, so I think I'll go with toggle buttons and loops, since I wasn't knitting buttonholes into the bands. I received a couple of knitting-related gifts for Christmas. My niece, Alexis, gave me this wonderful calendar:



So cute and so nice that she thought to get it for me! I also received this from my step-mom:



Yeah! I'm gonna block EVERYTHING! I haven't tried it out yet, but I can't wait to do so. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend. You can see the book I got from Beth and Bill on top of the box there - it's called "Simply Homemade". There are some really cute projects in there I can't wait to make.

My sister, Laura, also gave me a stack of magazines. These are ones that I either already have or can't use - if anyone is interested in one or more, let me know and I'd be happy to mail it to you.



VK knit.1 Fall/Winter 2005
Sew News Jan 06
Handwoven Nov/Dec 05



Cast on Nov 05 - Jan 06
Creative Knitting Jan 06
Knitters Fall 05

If you want any of these magazines you can either leave a comment or email me at rdladd@arnan.com.