A Good Yarn

Sunday, August 20, 2006

FO!

Ahhhhh, a nice relaxing weekend with gorgeous weather, not so much running around even some productive time. I have an FO!







Project Name: Conwy
Designer: Nancy Bush
Pattern Source: Knitting on the Road
Yarn: Koigu
Yarn Source: Elizabeth Lemler - Project Spectrum Swap
Date Started: 6/22/06
Date Completed: 8/19/06

Comments: I got this beautiful yarn from Elizabeth in the PS Swap. Even though June was almost over, I decided to cast on anyway, and also make them part of the Summer of Socks Knit Along. This is a great pattern, with shaping in the back of the leg to make the calf tapered. I made them a little shorter than the pattern called for because I don't like socks that go to the middle of the calf.

Here's the obligatory two feet together pose:



And one more of them modeled, so you can see the mock cable pattern a little better:





I also finished up my neutral mitre for the August Project Spectrum square.