A Good Yarn

Saturday, December 11, 2004

More Baking Goodness

First, I want to thank everyone who has left a comment on this blog. Well, not everyone, but almost everyone. Blogspot has the worst comment function ever, so I can't email anyone who leaves a comment back. After the holidays, I am going to install a better comment program. Anyway, I've really appreciated the kind words and good ideas that people have left in comments.

As the title suggests, I did a little more baking this week. Since I didn't go over to my grandfather's house on Tuesday, I spent the day doing my billing, so a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now I just need to get that money in and my life will be so much simpler! After that I went home and baked up some of the old favorites, Peanut Blossoms:



I decided to try the new dark chocolate kisses on the cookies this year and I can heartily recommend it to other bakers. More baking goodness to follow this weekend.

The rest of the week was somewhat stressful at work. One of "my kids" is having a very difficult time and it's so hard to try to figure out what's the best, right thing to do. One of the downsides of being a Guardian ad Litem. I did get quite a bit of work done around the office this week, though, which always makes me feel productive. I finally started my scarf swap scarf on Wednesday night, but I'm not posting pictures so it will be a surprise to my swapper. I don't think she reads my blog, but you never know. I'm pleased with how it's turning out, though.

On Thursday night I was at the Red Cross, doing apheresis. That's always a good time to catch up on my reading, so I made some more progress on "Shadow of the Wind". I really am liking this book, although I grow impatient with the verbal curly-q's sometimes.

Last night I attended a birthday get-together at Cafe Latte. My gift was some of the glass etching I did earlier this week - I etched knitting words into a set of glasses and put them together in a great basket. I think the birthday girl really liked the gift. It was a fun evening. I got to meet some other really great women, including some wonderful knitters. The evening went way too quickly. Oh, I also tried a new dessert at Cafe Latte. It was a peanut butter chocolate torte. Really, really rich, but I quite enjoyed it. Tasted a lot like a Nut Goodie. I didn't have any very good projects for a get together like that, so I just worked on my car project - a pair of socks. When I got home, I started Sexie from Stitch n Bitch Nation. It's a Christmas gift for my niece.