A Good Yarn

Friday, June 10, 2005

Auntie Time

My brother's electricity went off in the big storm on Tuesday night (it just came back about 2 hours ago), so I had my niece and nephew over for a sleepover. Michael was engrossed in cartoons on Thursday morning:



No, he hadn't brushed his hair, either. Jessica looks pretty sad about the whole thing:



I'm happy because she's wearing the fluffy flip flops I made her last summer. I thought they'd fall apart after about a month. You can also see the very edge of my knitting book bookcase - which is filled to the brim. I either need to stop buying knitting books (yeah, that's going to happen) or get a bigger bookcase.

The day got more fun for everyone when we went to Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America. I wish I had remembered my camera, because I could have gotten some good shots of them on the bumper cars and hanging upside down in the moon ball. After that I had to go to a meeting, then we met up with Greg at Lion's Tap. Definitely one of the Top Five hamburgers in the Twin Cities. I had bid won some gift certificates at the Wing Ding, so our dinner also supported a battered woman's shelter.

Thursday night they spent at their Mom's house and now they can finally come back home again and not have to sit in the dark and high heat!