A Good Yarn

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Buttons

I went shopping for buttons for Florentine Flattery at JoAnn's yesterday. They were having a sale - 50% off all buttons. So, I picked up a few for my button stash:



The blue and the green buttons are shell buttons that have been dyed. I think they're gorgeous! The gray ones up in the right corner are natural colored shell. Next to those are some opalescent glass. The little silver ones in the middle have an interesting texture. I'm not sure which ones I'll use for this sweater, but I really like all of them.

I didn't have much time to shop, but I did notice they also had all clearance merchandise on sale for 50% off - that means the Cottonease was only $1.50 per skein. But, I didn't buy any, because I already have a lot of cotton yarn that I like better. I did buy a little pair of Fiskars with a spring:



We used these in my last card class and I really, really liked them. I can use them for scrapbooking and knitting. I also bought this really cute basket:



I didn't get much knitting done last night because I was stuck at Bill's house. He was replacing my brakepads for me and before he finished, he got a fire call. I was hoping he'd just ignore it and finish the job, but when I heard "car on fire" and "driver trapped inside", I knew there's no way he'd miss that call. Boys can't miss a chance to use the jaws of life. After that call another call came in, so he ended up being gone for 4 hours. Yikes! Luckily I had that sock in the car, so I knit and chatted with Beth and the kids and played Barbies with Katie. so fun! :-)

Despite the potential embarassment, I thought I'd share this picture of Finbar:



That's him sitting underneath the dining room table. I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a wolf and that's his den. I bought that dog bed for Fiona, but she likes sleeping on Finbar's bigger pillow-type bed better, so I moved that bed under the table. Fiona lays in there more than Finbar, but occasionally he sprawls across it, despite the fact it's way too small for him. As you can see, both of the dogs are filthy and have made the wall hideous where they lean on it. I do get them bathed at the kennel pretty regularly and Fiona gets baths for her allergies very regularly, but they like to roll around outside....